Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Driving is so sleet

It snowed again the other day. Driving wasn’t too much of a problem because of the new snow. .The problem was the couple of inches of sleet that fell first and got covered up by the snow. Driving on snow covered sleet tends to make most of us more focused as we’re going from one place to another. Most of us with two wheel drive vehicles tend to slow down but I’ve noticed many of the four wheel drive people don’t. They have better traction and tend to plow through things. What most of them haven’t figured out is that they can’t stop any faster than anyone else. Pat, my wife, has come up with a system for telling where the really slick spots are: she looks for Jeeps and SUV’s in the ditch. It’s a good system. It works just about every time.

I did manage to slide on a nearby street for a while, though – there weren’t any SUV’s to warn me –and came to a new conclusion: Going sideways down a street gives a guy the opportunity to look at familiar things from a new and unique perspective. It also can get your cardiovascular system up without the drudgery of exercise. It’s the Up North way to shed those holiday pounds. I’m going to test it a few more times and then see if I can get an infomercial going. I’ll call it ‘The Slick and Easy Way to Shed Weight.’

No comments: