Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saving Up

A few weeks ago I was in another part of town and watched a guy carry a car bumper down an alley. It was one of those old heavier metal bumpers with dinged up chrome and I could see it was an effort for him to haul. As he got closer I kidded him saying, “I’ve heard of people saving up for a car but I’ve never quite seen it done that way.”

He chuckled and we talked a bit. It turned out he actually was saving up for a car. He already had two fenders and a couple of tires. By next summer he expects to have enough of a car assembled to sit behind a steering wheel and make engine noises.

I suppose there is always another way to do things.

1 comment:

Clay Brown said...

As they say, it takes a Big Man to do something like that. But it takes even a Bigger Man to laugh at that man.