Thursday, December 18, 2008

And On The Left . . .

I had an SUV pass me yesterday. That in itself isn’t very notable. It seems most SUV drivers feel they can do most anything with their oversized 4-wheel drive, big tired vehicles, even when the roads are slick with snow and ice. The roads yesterday were slick with snow and ice and the SUV was one of those larger ones and had big tires. I’m guessing it was also in 4-wheel drive. The notable part about it passing me was that I was at a stop sign and it passed me going sideways in the lane that is usually reserved for oncoming traffic. No one was there and the SUV managed to clear the intersection and got hung up on one of the larger snow banks across the street. It bottomed out. The snow bank was holding the SUV up and all four of the big tires were off the ground. Still spinning. The driver was going to have to dig the snow out from under the vehicle. The driver was okay but I didn’t offer to help with the shovelling. I figured that, for at least a little while, we’d all be safer on the road.

1 comment:

Clay Brown said...

Wise man, you are. Just keep on truckin'.