Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ho Ho Humbug

There’s a radio station in town that’s been playing Christmas music since Halloween. It’s the one that plays oldies the rest of the year and it’s one of the stations I listen to a lot. But not since Halloween. There are some nice Christmas songs but there aren’t that many of them. I think it takes about an hour to go through the entire list of Christmas songs, even with commercials. The next hour they play the same songs over as performed by a different artist. They have another group lined up for the next hour and the next and they’ve been doing this since Halloween. I haven’t stayed with the station long enough to hear The Messiah as performed by Alvin and the Chipmunks but I’m sure it’s in there somewhere. I just don’t want to hear it. I want my oldies back but I have to wait until January. It’s going to be a long Holiday season.

Just so you know, and I don’t know what criteria they used, but the Number One all time Christmas song is Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer as performed by Gene Autry.

Oh Boy.

1 comment:

Steph H said...

I am with you on this!! I can't stand radio christmas music. If you're starting a Humbug club I'm joining!